Chris Greer has over fifteen years experience of running drumming workshops in Schools and over 20 years experience teaching drum kit on an individual basis.
And there is a BIG difference between the two.
The benefits to an individual of learning to play a musical instrument are many and extremely well documented.
The benefits of taking part in a well run Music Workshop may not be so well known, but include:
- Better team working skills
- Improved social skills
- Enhanced communication skills
- Increased awareness of what other people contribute to the group
- A better understanding of how your behaviour and participation affects a group
- An understanding of the power of Team Work
- The ability to concentrate simultaneously on what you are doing as an individual and as part of a group
Understanding this difference means that how we work with a group is very different from how we work with individuals and this is vital to running successful workshops.
This is where we excel.
I extremely enjoyed playing Bamboo Tamboo. I wish we could play it every day.”
5 He Woodlesford Primary School